Main Article Content
Over the past several years, cloud service becomes one of the major subjects of IT, and the major topic is cloud data storage, due to the advantages of cloud service such as flexibility, mobility, costs saving, and easy to use. Cloud services provide multiple services to users over the internet. These advantages drove individuals and organizations moved their applications, data, and services to the cloud storage server. The main concerns of these services are security and privacy when the individuals and organizations are saved private data or information (sensitive data or information) in untrusted servers because of the traditional methods that used to authenticate users such as passwords, tokens and digital certificate these credentials may be often be stolen, wrongly revealed or difficult to remember, thus companies and individuals require a secure method to authenticate their users in order to ensure the functionality of their services and data saved in the cloud storages are working in a secure environment, and prevent leakage any information for users and individuals to any untrusted party. In this paper, propose a biometric-based security and authentication paradigm to help user's authentication in the cloud storage environment,used fingerprint as a biometric to an untrusted user to login to the cloud services.
- 1. Cloud Computing Security Issues and Challenges, Kuyoro S. O Department of Computer Science Babcock University Ilishan-Remo, 240001, Nigeria, Ibikunle F. Department of Computer Science Covenant University Otta, 240001, Nigeria , Awodele O Department of Computer Science Babcock University Ilishan-Remo, 240001, Nigeria .
- 2. Security Challenges for the Public Cloud ,Kui Ren, Cong Wang, and Qian Wang • Illinois Institute of Technology, JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2012 1089-7801/12/$31.00 © 2012 IEEE Published by the IEEE Computer Society .
- 3. Mell, P., Grance, T.: The NIST Definition of Cloud Computing. National Instituite of Standards and Technology (2009)
- 4. Mohammad Haghighat, Saman Zonouz, Mohamed Abdel-Mottaleb,” CloudID: Trustworthy cloud-based and cross-enterprise biometric identification”, Expert Systems with Applications 42 (2015) 7905–79
- 5. Kan Yang • Xiaohua Jia Department of Computer Science City University of Hong Kong Kowloon Hong Kong SAR Security for Cloud Storage Systems , ISSN 2191-5768 ISSN 2191-5776 (electronic) ISBN 978-1-4614-7872-0 ISBN 978-1-4614-7873-7 (eBook) DOI 10.1007/978-1-4614-7873-7 Springer New York Heidelberg Dordrecht London Library of Congress Control Number: 2013939832 .2014
- 6. Security Enhancement for Data Objects in Cloud Computing ,Sandeep Kumar Polu PG Student Department of Information Technology Acharya Nagarjuna University, India, IJIRST –International Journal for Innovative Research in Science & Technology| Volume 5 | Issue 6 | November 2018 ISSN (online): 2349-6010.
- 7. Diogo A. B. Fernandes • Liliana F. B. Soares • João V. Gomes •Mário M. Freire • Pedro R. M. Inácio, Security issues in cloud environments: a survey, DOI 10.1007/s10207-013-0208-7, Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2013.
- 8. Zhou, M., Zhang, R., Xie, W., Qian, W., Zhou, A.: Security and privacy in cloud computing: a survey. In: 6th International Conference on Semantics Knowledge and Grid, pp. 105–112. IEEE Computer Society, Washington, DC, USA (2010).
- 9. Vaquero, L.M., Rodero-Merino, L., Morán,D.: Locking the sky: a survey on IaaS cloud security. Computing 91(1), 93–118 (2011).doi:10.1007/s00607-010-0140-x.
- 10. D. Gonzales Martinez, F.J. Gonzels Castano, E.Argones Rua, J.L. Ala Castro, D.A. Rodriguez Silva, “Secure Crypto-Biometric System for Cloud Computing,” in: International Workshop on Securing Services on the Cloud ,PP.38-45 201
- 11. Yassin AA, Jin H, Ibrahim A, Qiang W, Zou D. A practical privacy-preserving password authentication scheme for cloud computing. 26th International on Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium Workshops (IPDPSW), IEEE, Shanghai, China, 2012;1210–1217.
- 12. Tsai JL, Lo NW. A privacy-aware authentication scheme for distributed mobile cloud computing services.IEEE Systems Journal 2015; 9(3): 805–815.
- 13. Convery, S.: Network Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting Part One: Concepts,Elements, and Approaches. The Internet Protocol Journal 10, 2–11 (2007).
- 14. Lloyd, B., Simpson, W.: PPP Authentication Protocols. RFC Editor (1992) .
- 15. Simpson, W.: PPP Challenge Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP). RFC Editor (1996).
- 16. Canetti, R.: Universally Composable Signature, Certification, and Authentication. In: Proceedings of the 17th IEEE Workshop on Computer Security Foundations, p. 219. IEEE Computer Society (2004).
- 17. Haller, N.: The S/KEY One-Time Password System. In: Internet Society Symposium on Network and Distributed Systems, pp. 151–157 (1994).
- 18. Rubin, A.D.: Independent one-time passwords. In: Proceedings of the 5th Conference on USENIX UNIX Security Symposium, vol. 5, p. 15. USENIX Association, Salt Lake City (1995).
- 19. Rohit Singh (Y6400), Utkarsh Shah (Y6510), Vinay Gupta (Y6534) , “Fingerprint Recognition”, Department of Computer Science & engineering Indian Institute of technology, Kanpur. Computer Vision and Image. Processing (CS676).
- 20. http://bias.csr.unibo.it/fvc2002/