Main Article Content
Gamification may be regarded as a learning process in which learners solve problems and overcome challenges in game-based settings. It has been a motivational tool because it emphasizes competition rather than cooperation and sharing. Competitive mechanism has the greatest impact on enhancing students' thinking skills and learning motivation. The commercial success of gamification coupled with its simplicity of deployment makes gamification a popular subject in academic community. This paper provides an overview on gamification in computer science.
- 1. J. Boudinet, “5 Examples of eCommerce gamification,” January 2017,
- 2. M. N. O. Sadiku, S.M. Musa, and R. Nelatury, ”Digital games,” International Journal of Research and Allied Sciences, vol. 1, no. 10, Dec. 2016, pp. 1,2.
- 3. Z. Zhan et al., “The effectiveness of gamification in programming education: Evidence from a meta-analysis,” Computers and Education: Artificial Intelligence, vol. 3, 2022.
- 4. K. Seaborn and D. I. Fels, “Gamification in theory and action: A survey,” International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, vol. 74, 2015, pp. 14–31.
- 5. S. Singh, “Gamification in computer science education,” February 2023,
- 6. V. V. Abraham, “Gamification: A digital marketing strategy in the beauty industry,” October 2020,
- 7. M. B. Ibanez, A. Di-Serio, and C. Delgado-Kloos, “Gamification for engaging computer science students in learning activities: A case study,” IEEE Transactions on Learning Technologies, vol. 7, July-September, 2014, pp. 291-301.
- 8. F. Özdamli and D. F. Yazdeen, “Gamification in computer science courses: A literature review,” Near East University Online Journal of Education, vol. 4, no. 2, 2021.
- 9. “Gaming the classroom – The art and science of GBL: Game based learning,” October 2018,
- 10. L. Rozanski, “Criticisms of gamification in education,”
- 11. D. F. Yazdeen and F. Özdamli, “Gamification in computer science courses: A literature review,” Near East University Online Journal of Education, vol. 4, July 2021.
- 12. S. Kim et al., Gamification in Learning and Education: Enjoying Learning Like Gaming. Springer, 2018.
- 13. W. Oliveira and I. I. Bittencourt, Tailored Gamification to Educational Technologies. Springer, 2019.
- 14. M. T. Pinto and R. A. P. de Queirós (eds.), Gamification-Based E-Learning Strategies for Computer Programming Education. IGI Global, 2016.
- 15. M. Farber, Gamify Your Classroom: A Field Guide to Game-Based Learning. Peter Lang Inc., International Academic Publishers 2014.